How do I get my sidewalk, curb or gutter replaced?

The Town of Windsor has developed an annual Sidewalk, Curb and Gutter Replacement Program to evaluate, inventory, and replace deteriorating curb and gutter and sidewalk. The Town also developed a Concrete Rating Guide to provide a consistent evaluation of existing concrete conditions; this guide can be found by selecting the "Curb, Gutter, and Sidewalk Replacement Guide" below. To have your curb and gutter and/or sidewalk evaluated for a possible replacement please download and complete the Curb, Gutter and Sidewalk Inspection Request. Once the concrete is rated it will be inventoried. Concrete replacement will be prioritized based on the rating, but the annual amount of concrete that is replaced will be limited to available funding. Concrete within Capital Improvement Project areas will be considered for replacement prior to other locations in Town. 

In the spring of 2008, the Town Board passed an ordinance changing the Town Municipal Code such the Town pays for the full cost to replace deteriorating curb and gutter and sidewalk if the concrete is replaced by the Town. Residents may replace the curb and gutter and sidewalk at their cost, but they must obtain a Curb, Gutter, and Sidewalk Permit from the Town prior to replacement.

Concrete Repair Guide Page

Show All Answers

1. Can the Town install a “Children at Play” sign in my neighborhood?
2. Can the Town install a “Deaf Child” sign in my neighborhood?
3. Can the Town change the speed limit?
4. Why doesn't the Town install more stop signs?
5. How do I get my sidewalk, curb or gutter replaced?
6. Why do I have to pay a stormwater fee every month?
7. How do I receive information on Design Proposals and/or Construction Projects?
8. What is a 100 year floodplain?
9. How can I determine if my home or the home I am considering purchasing is in a Special Flood Hazard Area?
10. Where can I find out information about regulatory floodplains and the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)?
11. Where is my sump pump allowed to discharge?