Windsor Utility customers are invited to participate in the Spring Clean-Up event May 13 and 14 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event will be held at the Public Services facility, 922 N. 15th St., and is limited to Windsor Utility customers. The event is free to attend and offers electronic, yard waste and scrap metal recycling in addition to general household trash disposal. An original voucher is required to participate and must be redeemed at the time of participation. Vouchers were included in the April Windsor utility bill. Photocopied vouchers will not be accepted.
At the event, residents will turn in their original voucher and then will be guided to drive up and drop-off their materials at corresponding stations. Residents will be responsible for unloading their own items at each station. To maximize the amount of materials that can be recycled, please separate tree branches from general organic yard waste and other items. Loads with trash mixed throughout will be unable to be recycled.
One voucher is available to each Windsor Utility household and can be redeemed for one carload drop-off at the event. If the voucher is misplaced, residents can bring valid identification such as a driver’s license to Windsor’s Town Hall, 301 Walnut St., during regular business hours for a replacement.
Accepted items include:
- General household trash
- Organic materials such as yard and garden waste, branches, tree limbs up to four inches in diameter and grass clippings
- Scrap metal
- Small furniture (no mattresses or large couches)
- Indoor appliances such as stoves, ovens, washers, dryers, dishwashers, microwaves
- Vehicle tires without rims
- Laptops, computers, keyboards, cell phones, tablets and servers
- Flat screen TVs and monitors
- Small printers and copiers
The following items cannot be accepted at the Spring Clean-Up event:
- General household mixed recycling (paper, glass, cardboard etc.)
- Hazardous waste
- Propane tanks and gas cylinders
- Refrigerators or other appliances containing freon
- Construction debris (dirt, cement, pavers)
- Wooden pallets
- Animal carcasses
- CRT TVs and monitors
- Projector style TVs
- Large copiers
The Windsor Utility Clean-Up event is typically held bi-annually to help provide utility customers an easy way to dispose of around-the-house waste. In addition to the clean-up event, Windsor Utility Customers can receive a one-time annual reimbursement up to $10 for responsible yard waste recycling at any time during the year. Additional details about the town’s yard waste recycling rebate program are available at windsorgov.com/yardwasterebate.
For more information about the Town of Windsor Utilities, visit windsorgov.com/utilities.