Windsor Volunteer Experience
Thank you for your interest in serving our community! Opportunities to volunteer include Volunteer Events and 'VolunTeams'. Explore this page to find the right experience for you.
These are one- time commitments that occur regularly throughout the year. Find events on our volunteer calendar.
These opportunities are for volunteers who are interested in serving on a regular basis or for a specific cause. Click on the links below to fill out an interest form if you want to join a team!
Treasure Island Demonstration Garden
This community treasure is entirely volunteer- run! Master Gardeners and brand- new gardeners alike are welcome to lend a hand.
Serve Senior Lunch
We seek volunteers who can come in regularly at least one day a week. Volunteers will help box meals and cart them to their destinations.
Volunteers serve on an occasional basis. Tasks may include maintenance of our bike fleet, event support, or bike safety programming.
This is a one- hour weekly commitment. We seek volunteers to help the Museums team clean artifacts at our historical buildings.
Calling all sewing enthusiasts! The Museums team will provide the sewing machine, materials, and patterns for volunteers to sew historical costumes.
Trained Volunteer Positions
Trained positions are for those volunteers who want to deepen their commitment to the community. You will be provided with the tools and training you need to be successful in these fun and fulfilling roles!
H.O.S.T (History, Open Space and Trails):
- Windsor Naturalist: Bring your love of the outdoors into the lives of others by leading educational experiences on Windsor’s Open Spaces & Trails.
- Trail Ambassador: Ride the trails regularly and monitor for safety and maintenance issues. Observe wildlife and trail user trends. Perform light upkeep. Keep service notes.
- Trail Docent: Greet trail users and share information about Windsor’s Natural History by operating a ‘trail trunk’ of plant and animal artifacts.
Parks and Open Spaces:
- Crew Leader: Learn how to lead small groups of volunteers on outdoor projects. Take your skills into the field by leading teams on projects such as park maintenance, trail maintenance, and ecological restoration.
Museums and Collections:
- Curator’s Assistants: Work with historical records and artifacts in the Collections building to help preserve Windsor’s rich history.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Town of Windsor!
If you are a new volunteer, you can start by completing a Volunteer Application below. If you already know what you would like to sign up for, you may choose it in the 'schedule sign-up' section of the application. If you aren't sure yet, skip that section and return to your Volunteer Portal later to sign up for opportunities.
Thank you for volunteering with the Town of Windsor!
Click to visit your Volunteer Portal.
Through your Volunteer Portal, you can view assignments, sign up for new shifts, or remove yourself from an assigned shift if your plans change.
You can also keep a timesheet to track the number of hours you have spent volunteering.
If you have any questions about using your Volunteer Portal, or if you need to reset your password, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.